Tyra Banks Apologizes for ANTM Promo

Tyra Banks Apologizes for ANTM Promo

Did you see the teaser promo for the new season of 'America's Next Top Model'? I missed it, but apparently it caused an uproar among people who did. It reportedly featured a tall (6'2") model with a tiny waist, according to People. Check out a picture here. That girl does look like she could just fall over!

Tyra Banks apologized for the promo on her website. Here's part of what she posted:
On behalf of the entire Top Model team, I am truly sorry for the style in which the Top Model promo clip was presented. Like all of my projects, I am extremely involved in "America's Next Top Model" from casting the final contestants to conceptualizing the episode challenges, but with all the work and details that go into producing a TV show, I can't be 100 places at once (although I try), but it's just impossible for me to see everything that's created before it’s released to all of you!
That being said I can assure you – that cut has been removed from the CW airwaves, and the message conveyed in that video was NOT intentional, and is certainly not Top Model- or Tyra-approved.
The Top Model team is extremely talented and truly enjoys creating fun, engaging promos and episodes for you. The team really wants to entertain you, while promoting and embracing multiple forms of beauty. Sometimes in the quest to have fun in a limited amount of time, especially in a 20-second promo, our overarching message can be misconstrued, and in this case it most certainly was.
You can read her entire post here. Did you manage to catch the promo? Were you offended?
I'm glad Tyra responded to the viewers' reactions, either way. Here she is shooting an ANTM promo with Jay Manuel.

Photos by FAME  (imnotobsessed)